Slider

1500 Miles, 1 Image ~ Me Time

Friday, October 20, 2017

I have been a runner for a long time. It has always been my preferred choice of exercise.  My legs have carried me many, many miles and across lots of finish lines.  I have ran a 26.2, 13.1 (many times), a Ragnar and many other races in between. I proudly wear my Full Marathon race medal around my neck almost every day....of course it helps it is a Tiffany's necklace! After 20+ years of running my body doesn't feel the same as my heart does about running.  I have had problems with my foot and back.....and sometimes even small miles seem endless.  Yet, when I am done with my goal for the day, I feel GREAT! Running takes things away, I don't think....I just release and go! Nothing compares to a good run.  So I am slowly hitting the pavement once again. Building speed, strength and endurance.  I have a goal in mind but to say it out loud is scary because I have never not completed a running goal. So for now, until I can get my miles up, see how my foot does, I will be happy enjoying my favorite Me Time activity.   

Please head over to Eileen's page by clicking here to see how she likes to spend Me Time.


 taken with the lensbaby velvet 85

6 comments:

  1. What an amazing image, Melisa. I don't run, but I like to take brisk walks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for taking time to comment! I like to walk too, especially after a few days of a really strong workout!

      Delete
  2. Love this image! I am so glad you are running again. Although I love to stay active, I’ve never been a runnner and I always am a little envious of those who can embrace that. You have a lot to be proud of with milestones you have achieved and goals you are working toward! I don’t remember the Tiffany necklace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Eileen! I am sure you have seen the necklace I wear! We will see what happens as I am getting my miles up!

      Delete
  3. Great image, I love the pov :-) Congrats on such great achievements! I don't run, but I agree with Iris, I do love my brisk walks :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jill! Running has always been my favorite but it is really hard on the body! I do love walking too!

      Delete

About me

About me
Telling a story one image at a time

Social Media Icons

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan